Join the ladies of BIG Cork and learn to make three delicious cocktails featuring our wine that Mom will absolutely love! This fun-filled event will be available on the scheduled date and time via Facebook Live. We will be making a Paloma with our 2019 Sauvignon Blanc, Raspberry Sorbet Spritzer with our 2018 Vidal Blanc, and Dry Vodka Martini with our 2019 Muscat Canelli. All of these wines are available to purchase in our online store.
Raspberry Sorbet Wine Spritzer
1.5 cups BIG Cork Vidal Blanc
½ cup of Talenti Raspberry Sorbet
½ cup of Ginger Ale
Fresh raspberries and mint for garnish
- With a small cookie scoop, scoop out two balls of sorbet and place in a wine glass.
- Pour the white wine over the sorbet until the glass is about 3/4 of the way full.
- Pour the ginger ale to fill the remaining 1/4 of the glass.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint, if desired.
Dry Vodka Martini with Homemade Vermouth
6 ounces Vodka
1 strip orange zest
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried wormwood
1 teaspoon dried chamomile flowers
1 teaspoon dried sage
6 juniper berries, lightly crushed
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon black peppercorns
¼ teaspoon quassia bark chips
2 whole cloves
1 green cardamom pod
½ star anise pod
20 ounces BIG Cork Muscat Canelli
1 ½ ounces simple Syrup
- Combine vodka, orange zest, bay leaf, wormwood, chamomile flowers, sage, juniper berries, coriander seeds, thyme, peppercorns, quassia bark chips, cloves, cardamom pod, and star anise pod in quart-size glass jar. Cover and store jar in cool, dark place for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Set fine-mesh strainer in medium bowl and line with triple layer of cheesecloth. Strain vodka mixture through prepared strainer, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Return infused vodka to clean jar and add wine and simple syrup. Cover and gently shake to combine. (Dry Vermouth can be refrigerated for up to 3 hours. Shake gently before using.)
Sauvignon Blanc Paloma
3 oz BIG Cork Sauvignon Blanc
½ grapefruit juice or seltzer
1 tablespoon sugar or honey
½ oz lime juice
Salt for rimming
- Mix wine, sugar, grapefruit juice and lime juice in a glass with ice. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with fresh lime slices.