Dream Your BIG Day
With a wide range of beautiful celebration-ready locations across our property, Big Cork Vineyards is the perfect place to exchange your “I Do’s.”
YOUR BIG DAY
From our panoramic views of the vineyards and mountains to our intimate production room lined with wine barrels, there is something for everyone at Big Cork. We will help you plan the event of your dreams—no matter how BIG or small!
Our beautiful 100-acre farm offers a range of options for both larger and smaller intimate events. Our team and our select list of vendors are at your service to make your special day one that will be unforgettable.
We offer wedding site visits by appointment. To schedule your visit, please contact Meagan Grove.
PLANNING DURING A PANDEMIC
We sat down with Of Joy Signature Events and asked the questions everyone is wanting to know regarding planning your wedding during a pandemic.
- What’s happening in the state of Maryland right now? What’s to come down the road? Right now, MD’s Governor Hogan is implementing (3) different phases, slowly incorporating business openings, larger gatherings, etc. All is dependent on the unknown.
- How do you obtain a marriage license during the COVID-19 pandemic? Contact your county circuit court office for more information. If you need an emergency marriage license, be sure to follow the guidelines for applying accordingly. (Examples may include Military or benefits reasons). Maryland Courts will reopen June 5, 2020.
- What are my options with Big Cork Vineyards if I have a wedding booked and I’m looking to postpone to a later date? Big Cork Vineyards is honoring postponements at no penalty to the client. Let us know the date you’re looking into and we’ll work accordingly with our availability to find a date that works best for both parties (honoring our initial contract & costs). Contact your wedding planner and/or coordinator for a communication plan and assistance reaching out to vendors. He/she may work with you on rescheduling, working with you on updating contracts, and reviewing/adjusting final payment due dates. If for any reason a vendor you’ve booked is unavailable on your new postponed date, work to see what options they have on their payment policies. Your planner may be able to assist with sourcing recommended vendors, in that particular field, to hire for your new postponement date.
- I just got engaged, what are my next steps? If you’re looking to solidify a date and venue, begin looking at your options in 2021 and beyond. Look into booking Virtual Tours if you’re unable to view the space in person. This will help allow you to view the venue, just as if you were there in person. The venue manager and/or venue personnel assisting with the virtual tour, should be available to help with any questions you have about the venue, capacity, and overall different packages they offer. Look into wedding insurance, especially during a pandemic. There are lots of different options you can look into. Begin reaching out to vendors (never too early), as more and more 2020 weddings are postponing to 2021. You may seem limited peak dates available. It’s good to begin researching and contacting interested vendors for their services, different packages, pricing, and availability.
- What options do I have for my wedding ceremony right now? As we continue to navigate through 2020 and the unknown, microweddings may be a popular trend the wedding professionals and clients are seeking. Talk to your venue and see if you’re able to still host your special ceremony on your original wedding date and postpone a vow renewal/larger reception at a later date. You can also host a virtual wedding on some popular platforms like ZOOM and/or Facebook LIVE for all your loved ones, family, and friends to see.