- Varietal 100% Chardonnay
- Vineyards 75% Turkey Point Vineyard, 25% Estate
- Harvest Date 09/22/2017
- Elevation 750 feet
- Soil Catoctin-Myersville shale laom/limestone
- Vine Training Vertical shoot positioning
- Aging 6 months
- Alcohol 13.5%
- Case Production 758
- Awards Silver in both 2018-Maryland Governer's Cup and Maryland Comptroller's Cup.
- Aroma Green Anjou pear, spicy vanilla, and light oak
- Palatte Granny smith apple, crisp acidity, hint of butterscotch
Vintage in Review
The Spring of 2017 proved to be warmer than average however, bud break came when expected during the middle of April. We had average summer temperatures this year with above normal rainfall but we were able to avoid damage from the 3 major hurricanes that made landfall. 2017 provided excellent ripening conditions for harvest to begin in September.