- Varietal Muscat Canelli, XIV, SK 1069, SK 7753
- Vineyards 100% Maryland, 75% Estate
- Harvest Date 09/05/2017
- Elevation 750 feet
- Soil Catoctin-Myersville shale loam/Eastern Shore soil
- Vine Training Vertical shoot positioning
- Alcohol 11.5%%
- Case Production 1,051
- Awards Best in Class, Best White, & Gold, 2018-Maryland Governer's Cup. Silver, 2018-Maryland Comptroller's Cup.
- Aroma Kiwi, orange blossom, and honeydew melon
- Palatte Kumquat, tangerine, and fresh cut pineapple
Vintage in Review
The Spring of 2017 proved to be warmer than average however, bud break came when expected during the middle of April. We had average summer temperatures this year with above normal rainfall but we were able to avoid damage from the 3 major hurricanes that made landfall. 2017 provided excellent ripening conditions for harvest to begin in September.