- Varietal Vidal Blanc
- Vineyards 100% Estate
- Harvest Date 11/09/2017
- Elevation 750 feet
- Soil Catoctin-Myersville shale loam
- Vine Training Vertical shoot positioning
- Alcohol 13.8%
- Case Production 91
- Awards Bronze, 2018-Maryland Governer's Cup & Maryland Comptoller's Cup.
- Aroma Dried apricots, stone fruit, candied pear
- Palatte Orange rinds, lemons, creamsicle, and wildflower honey
Vintage in Review
The spring of 2017 proved to be warmer than average however, bud break came when expected during the middle of April. We had average summer temperatures this year with above normal rainfall but we were able to avoid damage from the 3 major hurricanes that made landfall. 2017 provided excellent ripening conditions for harvest to begin in September.