- Varietal 90% Petit Verdot, 10% Merlot
- Vineyards Estate
- Harvest Date 10/27/2016
- Elevation 750 feet
- Soil Catoctin-Myersville shale laom
- Vine Training Vertical shoot positioning
- Aging 15 months
- Alcohol 13.80%
- Case Production 222
- Awards Double Gold and Gold, 2018-Maryland Comptroller's Cup. Silver, 2018-Maryland Governer's Cup.
- Aroma Prune, lilac, sweet smoke
- Palatte Blueberry, blackberry, maturing tannins
Vintage in Review
2016 provided ample moisture in the spring, getting the vines off to an early start. The weather turned warm and dry with bright sunshine for the remainder of the season, which frequently happens here in the Mid-Atlantic. As September arrived the weather turned cool, which is ideal for the final ripening of fruit. This Petit Verdot enjoyed those long, cool fall days, and developed outstanding color, intense aromas and rich flavors.