Our flagship Italian varietal from Piedmont, shines with notes of dark red fruits, leather, tobacco, licorice, and earthy spices. A balance of tannins and acidity on the palate highlights a wine built for aging.
- Varietal 100% Nebbiolo
- Vineyards 100% Estate
- Harvest Date 10/08/2015
- Elevation 750 Feet
- Soil Catoctin / Myersville Shale Loam
- Vine Training Vertical Shoot Positioning, Cane Pruned
- Aging 18 months in both new and neutral French and American oak.
- Alcohol 13.9%
- Case Production 147
- Awards Gold Medal, Maryland's Comptroller's Cup
- Aroma Dark red fruit, leather, tobacco, licorice and earthy spices
- Palatte Medium-bodied with a balanced of trannins and acidity
Vintage in Review
2015 provided ample moisture in the spring, getting the vines off to an early start. The weather turned warm and dry with bright sunshine for the remainder of the season, which frequently happens here in the Mid-Atlantic. Beginning in September and into October, the days remained warm and nights turned cool, creating great balance as the fruit finished ripening. All fruit was hand-picked and chilled overnight, before being carefully hand-sorted and crushed.